RFacebook Feature Set
You might be wondering what advantages RFacebook can give you in writing a Facebook app.
Besides the obvious advantages of agile development in Rails, here is a quick list
of the features available in the plugin and gem:
- View and Controller integration (url_for and redirect_to "just work")
- Works for Canvas, IFrame, and External applications
- Session management automatically uses fb_sig in lieu of cookies when in canvas
- Ensures security by checking signature given in canvas
- Configuration is done via facebook.yml (allowing multiple environments to be easily configured and versioned)
- Unit tested across both the API client (RFacebook) and the Rails plugin (RFacebook on Rails).
- Readable backtraces inside the Canvas
- Debug panel to help with common problems
- the interface won't break when Facebook alters the API (remote methods are invoked via method_missing)
If you'd like to see something new included in RFacebook, suggest it on the project page.